"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 28 October 2011

My new glass storage containers :)

Last week I told you that I had won a gift voucher on a give away that Sprig was running.


Well, thankfully RSon was at home on Tuesday morning when the courier company delivered a large box of goodies whilst I was on the farm.  I had been told it would be a gift voucher for ZAR500.00 to spend at Consol's factory shop.


But, I'm not complaining - not one little bit :)


This is what they brought:
I'll be able to see what is inside with these useful
"blackboard" jars
Glass storage jars with a small blackboard painted on the front - complete with a little piece of chalk inside.  So cute :)
The containers all have a rubber seal - no
contamination of the fridge with these :)
And I got a round and square set of fridge storage containers.
And finally, I also got a brilliant jar with a small solar panel and 5 X LED lights in the lid, and which also has a handle so that it can be hung from a hook / tree / whatever.
Join the dots to activate the light
- how clever is that :)
How lucky am I, and what a stunning selection of goodies they sent me.
The LED solar powered lights in the
bottle create a perfect light for a
romantic evening outside on the patio :)
Thank you Consol, and thank you, Sprig.  I am thrilled to pieces!


And all Consol has done is whet my appetite even more.  Now I have to visit the shop and see what else they have...

7 comments:

  1. Nice selection and that "solar" jar is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! How cute is that solar jar?! I never saw such a thing. And the glass jars are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of such jars...fascinating. Love the idea of a blackboard on the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami - I concur wholeheatedly LOL

    Jane - I reckon that I couldn't have chosen better myself!

    Mr H - Reckon painting jars with blackboard paint is a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lantern jug a lot. I've got a bunch of old Harbor Freight solar lights that the clear plastic had gotten so yellowed by the sun that they can't hardly be seen. Some small jars might be the ticket for resurrecting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey dani,

    what a cool selection!! especially the solar jar... pity i can't enter our competitions... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sprig - Reckon that's awful! I wouldn't be able to stand that LOL

    But I am very, very chuffed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.