"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 10 May 2013

G'day and Welcome :)

Firstly, welcome to Liz from Eight Acres in Queensland.  She describes herself as follows:
"I live on eight acres in south east Queensland with my husband. We're having a go at small-scale farming, with chickens, steers and a big vegetable garden. I wanted to start this blog to both inspire and help others who are interested in self-sufficiency and sustainability, and maybe get some advice myself."

Liz, you're a lady after my own heart :)  Thanks for hitting the Followers button - you're very welcome :)


Secondly, welcome to The Gardening Shoe from Norfolk, in the UK.
"I am a garden designer who has headed east in search of a new life in an old house on the edge of a farm. I am blessed with diverse redundant piggeries, hulking lumps of chalk, bucket loads of flint and ever-increasing heaps of clay and rubble. From this chaos, I want to create a home for my family and a haven for wildlife."


You have the most amazing 300 year old barn - I love it :)  As, too, I love the pics of the structured stately gardens in my land of birth... :)

Thank you both for hitting the followers button.  I reply to comments within 24 hours providing the sun plays ball and charges our batteries which store our power :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.