"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 6 March 2012

A view from afar

Have you ever wondered how important you are in the grand scheme of things?

Have you ever wondered how important our oxygen rich, life-supporting planet is in the grand scheme of things?  The only known (human) life-supporting planet discovered in the universe thus far.  The only habitable planet that we know of which is within our reach, and upon which we can support and preserve our wildlife, build our homes, grow our vegetables, feed our livestock, drink the water of, and upon which we can raise future generations...
http://htwins.net/scale2/
Turn up the volume as you enter this site - it is soothing, calming and fitting for this disclosure of the magnanimity of the obligation each one has for this planet.


And, give another thought to the impact each one (of 7 billion) of us is having on this beautiful planet we call Earth - Home - Ours.  If, after visiting this site, you're not inspired to do what you can make a difference to help reduce the impact we are having on this planet, I will be surprised.


I'm blown away.  Humbled.  And extremely grateful for the time I am spending on Earth - this special planet, I call Home...

6 comments:

  1. WOW...that is one of THE most amazing things I've ever seen. Truly truly truly can change the way we look at things. Thank you for that link. Just stunning...going back to look at it some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find this amazing stuff?? I even had my kids enthralled. Thanks Dani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GG - Oh, that's wonderful - so glad you shared it with your kids :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.