"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 1 November 2013

1st November 2013

In honour of today, I am updating my blog header photo with a snap of the view from our patio late yesterday afternoon.  The alpaca's are cushing under the pergola - a pity they weren't standing and a part of the view.

It has changed over the years I have been blogging from this...
My bumbling first attempt
I coudn't resist the contrasts of light in this one
A rare rainbow in summer - note the brown tinge of
the countryside - inidicative of the heat of summer
... to this :)

An appropriate pic - two rainbows (that's
a clue LOL)
33 years today...  And it was in a different part of the country, and was raining then too :)

Another clue is on this blogs front page - who will find it first? ;)

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Marlin - Clever boy :) Yup - 33 years together today...

      By the way, you have a lovely smile :D

      Delete
  2. My goodness, that's a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - Thanks - I was impressed with what my basic Kodak did with the view too :)

      Delete
  3. Your banner is one I never tire of seeing...but it's still exciting to see a new snap! Happy anniversary to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinn - S'funny - I am drawn to that particular view like a magnet - and ALL the scenic shots can be found in that location. There is something about the valley that nestles between the fields...

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary Dani & RMan! I simply love your blog....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @maggielenz - Thank you - for the wishes and for the compliment :)

      Delete
  5. As always, your pictures are spectacular. Seems like you can see forever from your place. I have to hike up the mountain a bit for really good views unless it's winter and the leaves are off the trees. Your place looks so peaceful, nobody around to bother you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - S'nothing to do with me - it's the location and the camera. Thanks :)

      Uhmmmmmmm - we have neighbours - literally 100mtrs to one side, and 500 mtrs in front of us - but I chose not to "dwell" on that LOL...

      Delete
  6. A beautiful pic for a special occasion , happy , happy and congratulations to the two of you. Now I am of to cut the grass after all this rain we have been having..:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. African Bliss - Thanks guys :)

      Yeah - after the rain we've had, RMan is on his 2nd mowing session for the season already... But, rather that than no rain...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.