"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Saturday 19 September 2015

Vision

My facebook page showed a snippet, and I followed it and landed up watching this video:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5&v=ZQJgbhAo3Gw

I was blown away.

How often I sigh as I think about what to put on the table every evening - 'cos sometimes I'm just not in the mood to spend hours in the kitchen - creating.

How self-centered I feel.  How spoilt.  How privileged.

Unlike millions of people around the world, not only do I have the luxury of choice when it comes to preparing what I feel like making for dinner, but I have all my faculties and appendages to assist me.

Nicole has inspired me.

To be better than I am.  To be less "me" and more a part of the human race.  To see beyond what is visible.

Her blog can be found here and her recipes here.

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing woman. Makes me feel sort of ashamed of whining about my little health issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivki - Exactly the feeling I was left with... What do I have to complain about?

      Delete
  2. Absolutely amazing video. Seems it all goes back to attitude. No one seems satisfied with themselves and their lives. We all have a million things we'd like to change. It seems that can either lead to resentment and anger or acceptance and learning how to be content in spite of the things we don't like. Nicole inspires because she has developed such a fantastic attitude toward her blindness and her life. What an amazing woman. If she were a bitter complainer, no one would be impressed. That's the real lesson in it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - Procrastination is the thief of time, isn't it!!

      Yeah, Nicole has many lessons to teach all of us "privileged" people, doesn't she!?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.