"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Welcome


There are a couple of new blog followers I would like to welcome, and to introduce to you all.

Firstly, welcome to Yoko from somewhere in the USA where it snows - and I'm talking serious snow here, not the temporary white stuff in which we all like to frolic playfully whilst trying to recapture our childhood years. 

How do I know - well, apparently Yoko has to exercise on a treadmill for it snows for a minimum of 9 months of the year.  I wondered, given her name, if Yoko was of an Eastern persuasion, but it appears that her husband looks like John Lennon, so she was nicknamed Yoko.

Yoko's blog can be found at: http://houseofyoko.blogspot.com/

Secondly, welcome to mel ~ of Park Falls in WI USA
mel ~'s blog can be found at: http://upnorthwithmel.blogspot.com/

To quote from her profile:

"I'm just a gal living in the woods up in northern Wisconsin. The purpose of this blog is to share my stories of my daily life ~ one never knows what the topic may be ~ AND ~ to share my love of nature,gardening and cooking. You never know what's on the cooling rack at my house!"

I adore the wonderful bird houses that you make!  I'm sure 1st Man will want one for his garden :)

But, I don't envy the bear visits...

Yoko and ~ mel, thanks for hitting the followers button.  I always answer comments, even if the sun delays that by not producing enough power to charge our batteries frequently enough in winter... :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind mention on your blog. I realized that from your description I should tell a little more about the County and climate that I live in. With my next blog entry I'll go into a little more depth and post some pictures from some of my journeys around the County. I think you'll find the Annual Dog Sled Races in January of particular interest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoko - You're more than welcome :)

      I'm looking forward to reading more about where you are...

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely visit both. Sounds like some interesting stories could be found there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.