"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Wednesday 19 July 2017

The Wartime Kitchen & Garden 2 / 3

For those of you who haven;t see it before, I hope you enjoyed part 1 - here's part 2 of 3 😊



2 comments:

  1. I would love to have a walled vegetable garden ...but would be far too expensive nowadays to buy all those bricks ! :) I loved this series, thanks for sharing it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy Debs - You're very welcome :D

      I'm not sure if a walled garden would work here as the heat trapped within those walls, added to the ambient temperature, might cause veggies to wilt even quicker. I can totally see why they work in the UK though... :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.