"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Granny's home remedies

I received this by e-mail today.  Can't help but share the giggle :)




"For better digestion I drink beer, in the case of appetite loss I drink white wine, in the case of low blood pressure I drink red wine, in the case of high blood preesure I drink scotch, and when I have a cold I drink schnapps."

"When do you drink water?"

"I've never been that sick!"


No wonder I'm always hungry - it's all the fault of the glass or two of white wine I have each evening with RMan... (giggle)

12 comments:

  1. giggle snort
    I like that old woman's attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very logical to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFW - Does, doesn't it lol

      Wonder if there is any truth in it...? I've heard of, and used brandy, honey, lemon juice and hot water for a sore throat. So....;)

      Delete
  3. That old lady looks like she has been around the block once or twice. She probably needs a shot now and then.

    I like Southern Comfort, on the rocks or mixed with Coke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - The old lady didn't mention rum (with or without coke) so I'm not sure how beneficial it would be?!

      Bwahahahaha...

      Delete
  4. Dani - when we were kids and were sick with whatever - our dad always gave us some rhum in our tea...it knocked us out and we slept through our ailments. i think my dad might be related to the woman in your post - bahahahahah!

    but, to be serious, thank you for your beautiful comment about the events that happened here in canada. i thank you very much.

    much love to you and yours, always, Dani. your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kymber - A very sad day, and such an incerdible waste - all in the name of religion. These bloody fanatics give religion a bad name!!

      Delete
  5. I laughed out loud at that one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill - Cheers (giggle)

      I'm so glad. That was the whole idea - how often does one laugh these days...? :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.