"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 7 June 2013

"dobro došli" (pronounced dough-bro-DOUGH-shlee)


Dobro došli (welcome) to my newest follower Leanan, from Croatia
This is what Leanan has to say on her blog, Lost between the weeds:



She is from Zaprešić, Zagrebačka županija, Croatia
Ever since a stork dropped me down the chimney(and missed) I enjoyed gardening and crafting. Started working in my garden when I was a few months old (chewing roots and plants) and continued with it for 20 years. I love flowers,vegetables,trees and fruits. When I don't "play" with plants I lose my time playing games :)

Leanan, thanks for hitting the followers button - I always reply to comments - but sometimes the weather delays that action through not charging our batteries quick enough :) 

4 comments:

  1. Hvala (thank you) for such a warm and beautiful welcome :)
    It's always great to find an interesting blog with great ideas and great stories about life in nature. I haven't had time to read your every post yet(but I intend to) so don't be surprised if I plant a question on 2 year old posts :D
    again thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanan - You're welcome. Do you pronounce your name Lee An An or Lean An or Lea Nan?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.