"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Sunday 6 May 2012

Welkom and Welcome

Please, won't you join me in welcoming Little eco footprint from Wijchen in Holland.  She is a 33 year old lady, who is happily married and has two children. Her profile states that she is a entrepreneur,book keeper, receptionist, family manager, writer, gardener puree (LOL well that's what the translation says), dreamer and animal lover, and that she is enterprising, mischievious, determined, honest, helpful, frank and often stubborn.  Her blog is written in dutch (I used the Google Chrome Translate facility to read her blog) through my limited Afrikaans also helps me to understand 50% of what she has written :)  Afrikaans evolved from the language the Dutch settlers spoke when they arrived in this country many years ago...
When she wrote her first entry on her new blog she explained: "I will mainly write about finding ecological alternatives to the everyday, ordinary things. Alternatives that are better for ourselves, because there is less mess, better for the environment because they are less onerous and preferably better for your wallet, because they are cheaper."


Little eco footprint - I love your profile pic :) and look forward to following your blog, via the translate button.


Secondly, please also welcome DFW - she is a 50-something female from the south eastern US of A who has just started her blog which is has called Count in the Day.


DFW - is aiming to retire from her city house to her country house, and her blog is a chronicle of that journey, and the preparations that she is making for that time in her life.  Sounds familiar, doesn't it :)


Thank you both for hitting the follow button.  I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this wonderful planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, once we are on the farm, and given our slow internet connection, it may take a little longer...LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,

    I noticed that you entered the book giveaway at Costa's blog - Unfortunately I've just discovered that Costa's website has been illegally scrapping (copying and republishing, without credit no less!) all the content from my own site, Sustainable Suburbia, (and I'd guess the same applies to all the other material in the category "costa's friends").

    I'm giving away that book, but I very much doubt he is! So if you want to enter the draw you'll have to do it at http://sustainablesuburbia.net/book-giveaway-review-one-magic-square-by-lolo-houbein/ not on his blog.

    Cheers
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsten - Welcome and thanks. I have detailed the above in my latest (next) blog posting.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.