"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Welcome - That British Woman


Continuing the introduction of new friends to old friends, please won't you join me in welcoming Gill of That British Woman blog from southern Ontario in Canada.


Gill is originally from Britain (duh LOL), and has settled in Canada - but she remains a royalist through and through.  Her blog is about how she is cutting their living costs, as well as the ups and downs of adapting to living in the country versus their previous life in town. And it is peppered with liberal doses of her wonderful British sense of humour.


Gill, I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, if I am on the farm it may take a little longer...LOL

2 comments:

  1. why thank you for the welcome. Must say I have to agree, we British do have a different sense of humour to the reast of the world at times!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill - Oh, yes we do :) The Goons, Monty Python, Lenny Henry and Peter Sellers to name but a few of our favourites...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.