"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Did you know...


... - some of them (e.g. potato vs banana for potassium content) I didn't :)












Also, I'd like to welcome the following new readers:

Geoff Green - I can't see a blog for Geoff - if I'm mistaken Geoff won't you please let me know and I'll update this
Mariska Spoormaker - again, I can't see a blog for Mariska - if I'm mistaken Mariska won't you please let me know and I'll update this
Gail Harris - again, I can't see a blog for Gail - if I'm mistaken Gail won't you please let me know and I'll update this
Sandra - again, I can't see a blog for Sandra - if I'm mistaken Sandra won't you please let me know and I'll update this

Thanks for hitting the followers button - I'm honoured :)

10 comments:

  1. It was the figs and calcium that impressed me. Of course, we have fig trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - I didn't know that either. We don't have a fig tree, and seldom see figs for sale in our local supermarkets. Perhaps we should plant a tree... :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't know some of those things, but I still like to eat them, whatever they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - They are all yummy - aren't they :)

      Delete
  3. and there was me thinking bananas were herbs...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know some of that. I could have sworn a berry was a berry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken - I am an avid reader, and I, too, was amazed at my ignorance ;)

      Delete
  5. Fascinating stuff!
    Don't know if I'm the Sandra you are referring to? (Though my blog is 'Sandies' Patch'). I sometimes leave comments and sign 'Sandra'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SP - All I have is a blue image outline and and the name Sandra - is it you :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.