"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 14 June 2013

Welcome and G'day

Welcome to my newest follower, Fran.  Fran is from the UK - various places as a boat (ketch) is involved... :)
Fran, I see you have one blog which is no longer active, and the other http://timzim.blogspot.com/ where the entries are posted by Tim Zim.  Not too sure of the connection, but you have it as a link, so I'm using that :)

Secondly, welcome to John and Jean from Williams River Valley, in New South Wales, Australia.  Their blog Homehill Farm can be found here.


Their blog profile reads:

"We live on a small acreage. What soil is present is not great but over the years we have established an orchard and vegetable gardens. What is great are the views over our valley. Apart from growing almost all our fruits and vegetables we also make wine, cheese and many other things. We love food and the process of getting it to the table but we also realise that life requires an holistic approach. An holistic view includes paying attention to our impact on the environment, our health and wellbeing. Frugal living does not accurately describe our life as it conjures up images of misery and meanness. We enjoy the best of food, wine and entertainment with a wonderful collection of animals and some people. We're not spenders: we recycle, reuse, glean, build and save. Our lives are about having fun without negatively impacting on the world. The European peasant lifestyle of working hard and eating well, with our addition of fun and laughter, is a closer image."

I see you two make your own wine - hmmmm, wish you lived closer :)

And lastly, welcome to Elaine.  Elaine - apologies, but I can't see if you have a blog and I don't know where in the world you are :)


Fran, Elaine and John & Jean, thanks for hitting the followers button.  Our solar power (or lack thereof) dictates my response time to comments, but I always reply.  If I'm delayed, please be patient... :)

2 comments:

  1. No link for John and Jean? They sound like they're doing some interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - Lol As you can see I have joined their blog. I got so involved reading it that I forgot to paste the link...

      I've corrected the error - thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.