"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Sunday 9 June 2013

Sawubona

Sawubona to Keren, from KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa.
Keren, I know Zulu is probably not your home language, and your blog is in English not Afrikaans, so in keeping with my penchant of greeting newcomers to my blog in the language of their area, I chose to welcome you in Zulu :)

Kenen's description of herself is as follows:

"I live on a farm in a remote area of South Africa in Northern Natal.  Surrounded by nature, the natural bush, amazing bird life, my wonderful family (hubby and the most gorgeous little girl), our pets (horses, dogs and a cat!).  I am basically a farm girl, bush kid (if you will) and have a love of homegrown, home-cooked, home-made produce. Anything natural and organic really.

I grow my own herbs and vegetables in a lovely rambling vegggie garden.  I make my own compost, and also have a worm farm.  I try not to use chemicals of any kind. We try to be as self sufficient out here as possible.  We utilize the sun's energy for our geysers and our grey water for the garden.  My garden is strictly indigenous with beautiful plants from South Africa."

Keren blogs about natural ideas and concepts for a greener lifestyle, living a healthy lifestyle with as little impact on the environment as possible. Her blogs can be found here at  http://fabulous-farmliving.blogspot.com and here http://fabulous-food-recipes.blogspot.com

In addition, Keren's husband, Clive appears to be a gifted carpenter - and a sample of some of his works can be found here.

Keren, welcome.  I always reply to comments, but sometimes the lack of sun means the power available in our solar charged batteries must be restricted to keeping our fridge going, and therefore blogging has to wait until the batteries are charged again :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so mush Dani for the splurge on me and my blog. Very Much appreciated. Hope you get some sunshine:)!
    All the very best
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keren! Fancy meeting you here :)
    I'm sure you are going to love Dani's blog as much as I do, her journey has been so interesting and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - how nice - two friends meeting up on my blog - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.