"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Monday 5 November 2012

Welcome Kris

Please - join me in welcoming Kris.  She is the latest person to hit the followers button.

This is from Kris' profile info:

"Hi! I'm Kris, an avid gardener in NE Ohio (zone 5/6). I always seem to bite off juuuust a bit more than I can comfortably chew when it comes to garden/landscaping projects. In July 2008 concerns for native bee populations galvanized me to turn my 1.25-acre property into a bee and pollinator sanctuary. The name of my project is Melissa Majora, inspired by a "Doctor Who" episode where he explains that honeybees are going home to their own planet: Melissa Majoria. I altered the name a bit so as not to get a lot of search hits from "Who" fans. Meanwhile, over the course of the seasons, I'm discovering what gardening choices help not only bees, but other pollinators. It's fun, and, when the flowers are thick with flittin' and flyin' things, I get quite a buzz! :-D"

Kris has quite a few blogs - her main one can be found here.  Her others are:

http://www.melissa-majora2.blogspot.com/ is for the flowers she grows
http://www.melissa-majora3.blogspot.com/ is devoted to her vegetable growing
http://melissa-majora4.blogspot.com/ details her garden projects such as her turtorial on how she made her raised bed, or how she captures her rain water to mention only two
http://www.melissa-majora6.blogspot.com/ is for her household projects
http://melissa-majora7.blogspot.com/ this blog details what happens to all the produce from her garden :)

Kris - thank you for hitting the follow button.  I always reply to comments - even if it takes me a day or two.  However, in order for me to do so, the sun must provide the power for my 'puter and my internet service provider must keep me connected.  :)  Please - bear with me if ever my response to very welcome comments seems delayed :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dani, and thanks for the warm welcome. I've read your blog for quite a while, so I figured it was high time that I should woman-up and 'push the button'.

    Sorry one of my blogs was locked when you came looking around: the propagation page. I was fiddling with it - again. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris - LOL - glad that you've made your presence visible. Actually, I only found your blog a couple of weeks ago.

    Love your garden projects section... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.