"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Saturday 28 July 2012

welcome Howdy

Please join me in welcoming two new followers to my blog.  Firstly : 


Melissa who states on her blog that she is "gardening through drought, dust, sheep and wallabies in rural NSW. Yes happy ..yes (always )"


Melissa's blogs can be found at the following links:

http://southernsummerofsocks.blogspot.com/


http://farmgarden31.blogspot.com/


http://myfirsttoeups.blogspot.com/


Secondly, welcome to Stay @ home gardener of Michigan, United States. 




He profiles himself with the following message:




"A wily pilot with an idea to tear up the lawn on a .17 acre city plot to grow a years' worth of food. This is the story behind it!"


Welcome to both of you and thank you for hitting the follow button.  I always reply to comments, but due to a current erratic internet connection on the farm, it may not always be on the same day.  But - I always reply, for I believe that if you have taken the time to comment - then the least I can do is take the time to reply to you :)

2 comments:

  1. These look like great blogs, thank you for recommending them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athalia - You're welcome. That's exactly why I love sharing info on newcomers to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.