"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :)

I'm writing two blog posts today - for a very special reason.


Wow - I'm completely blown away.
A few weeks ago I entered a blogger give-away. Kirsten, of Sustainable Suburbia wrote to me to tell me that my name had been drawn from the hat.


I was very excited to be the winner, but was worried that it would cost Kirsten too much to post it to me all the way from Aussie.  She replied: "Don't worry about the postage Dani. I said anywhere in the world, and I meant it - I just figured if the postage was too much I'd buy another copy on the book depository (free postage world wide), and give the copy I have to someone here in my local urban homesteaders group. :)"


And Kirsten did just that.


I am speechless.  I have just received a brand new copy of "One Magic Square" by Lolo Holbein, and it looks absolutely terrific!  Jam packed with brilliantidea's, companion planting hints and even recipes.  Even a chapter entitled "Soil Secrets".


So - if you will all give me a little time to get my hungry eyes between the pages - I feel a well-deserved book review coming on :)


Thanks again, Kirsten.  Thank you very much.  I feel very honoured and privileged.  I'm taking it to the farm with me tomorrow - and it is going to have pride of place on my bedside table.

8 comments:

  1. Dani - that is so awesome that you won the book - congratulations!!!! and i am wishing you some super good luck with your move! can't wait till you get yourself all settled! you'll have to take hundreds of pics for us!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic....just in time for putting into practice up at the farm all day, everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. That is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! Please share the very best recipes, ideas and knowledge for us poor saps who don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody - LOL I will, but please - give me time to sort out the mess from the move, and my farm internet connection...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.