"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Welcome / howdy / nice to meetcha

Firstly, welcome to Lynette Stephenson.  Lynette doesn't seem to have a blog, so I can't tell you where in the world she is, nor give you a link to find out what interests her.  Lynette, thank you for following my blog.  We're a friendly bunch, and your comments are very welcome - nothing nicer than a lively discussion :)  
Secondly, please also welcome Modern Day Redneck. MDR is from Texas.  I love all the info he shares regarding his projects - especially the solar ones :)  And I happen to know that he is a very kind, thoughtful and gentle soul.  Wish there were more people on this planet who were as kind to total strangers.


Lastly, won't you also welcome Hilltop Homestead.  Hilltop Homestead is also in Texas and is relatively new to the blogging scene :)  She has a couple of blogs and the one in the last link is devoted to their rearing goats :)


Just love "meeting" and connecting with like minded folk via blogging!


Lynette, MDR and HH -  I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this wonderful planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, if I am on the farm, and given my slow internet connection, it may take a little longer...LOL

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind welcome. I look forward in going back and reading your blog and also reading future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette Stephenson1 May 2012 at 16:43

    Thanks for the welcome. I live in Aliwal North in the Eastern Cape. I don't have a blog (yet?) but am starting my vegetable garden and am also converting to recycle and re-use. Keep up the good work, you are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynette - Now I recognize you :) Welcome again. I'll mail you about the solar oven a bit later, if that's OK.

      Thank you for your very kind words :)

      Delete
  3. Lynette Stephenson1 May 2012 at 16:59

    Thanks Dani, appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani ... you are always such a wonderful 'hostess' .. thanks for sharing some new sites to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs Mac - You are also very welcome :) Sharing is caring.

      Delete
  5. Don't you just love new followers! I'd like to say welcome to Lynette as well, because she also joined my blog. I love to follow back when I can, but your idea of a welcome is another good way to say thanks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - Yeah, followers make the blog worthwhile - would hate to just be talking to myself ;) I feel it's only fair to thank new followers by linking to their blogs - that way like minded souls can connect easier :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.