"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Welcome / Bienvenue

Please join me in welcoming two new followers to Eco Footprint - South Africa.  Please  - pop over to their blogs and take a gander at what they are up to.


Firstly, welcome to Athalia from http://athaliadreams.blogspot.com of the United Kingdom.  Athalia says she is a child of the 90's who has recently left home and is living with the love of her life.


Secondly, welcome to Joyful from http://www.snapthatpenny.blogspot.com/


It would appear that Joyful lives in Canada, is retired, and, in her own words, she is : "trying to do my part to live simply and frugally.  The more I can do this, the more I can donate to the mission field in Kenya, East Africa.  I especially like to help widows and orphans and I do that mainly through the Missions of Hope.  (She sponsors three young lads in Africa.) 


Now that I am retired I also try to experiment with things I never previously had time for. I've learned to make liquid laundry soap, bake bread and do a lot more cooking. I've learned how to knit, how to blog and even do a little blog design or template modification. I've learned new computer skills as a way of assisting villagers in Kenya to network with the world and be able to help themselves. Last, but not least, I'm also trying to learn to swim." Just shows, one is never to old to learn something new - but I know that LOL


Thank you, Athalia and Joyful, for hitting the follow button.  I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this wonderful planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, once we are on the farm, and given our slow internet connection, it may take a little longer...LOL









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.