"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Howzit :)

I have corrected today's original blog posting due to an error on my part.  So now, won't you please join me in welcoming Crystal from Durban in South Africa.  


Crystal's blog can be found at: http://path-to-sustainability.blogspot.com/  She is using her blog to record her family's path toward being more self-sustainable. 


I love the snacks you made for your son to take to school :)  And the wood from the leopard tree which you cut down has a beautiful bark - I'd also have fun using it as garden decor.


Thank you, Crystal, for hitting the follow button.  I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this wonderful planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, once we are on the farm, and given our slow internet connection, it may take a little longer...LOL



6 comments:

  1. Hi Danie,
    On your introduction to Christine, I see you used my picture. I think the confusion might have come that we both started following you around the same time and our names are quite similar. I also follow her blog. My name is Crystal and I am right here is sunny SA.
    Thanks for the great blog, very helpful in my new journey to sustainability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal - Oh, that's terrible. Sorry for that error. Do you have a blog so that I can correct the details? Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not a problem at all. I do actually have a blog but its very very new. Only started this month so I'm still learning the ropes. Here is the link:
    http://path-to-sustainability.blogspot.com/
    And I am from Durban.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool - thanks - and thanks for your kind words. I look forward to following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dani Great to have another SA blogger. I have popped over and am also following. Welcome Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GG - It is, isn't it - they seem to be few and far between. Obviously blogging is not that popular in SA. Or should that be that South African's haven't discovered the pleasure yet...?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.