"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Thursday 2 February 2012

Welcome Hidden Haven Homestead Too


Continuing the introduction of new friends to old friends, please won't you join me in welcoming Peggy of Hidden Haven Homestead Too.  I'm not too sure where in the US of A Peggy lives, but she hankers to return to the NC mountains :)


Peggy is mother to three daughters who sprouted their wings and live 6 hours away.  She is also a grandmother of 4 grandkids and 2 foster grandkids, and lives on her 2 1/2 acres homestead with her husband, William.  Their homestead is open to anything that needs a haven - be that goats, chickens, dogs, cats, ducks, geese, rabbits, birds.  Whew!  I'm exhausted at the thought of that menagerie :)


Peggy, I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, if I am on the farm it may take a little longer...LOL

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.