"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Thursday 2 February 2012

Versatile Blogger

1st Man of Two Men and a Little Farm - thank you for nominating me with this award.  I'm honoured to receive it, and that you gave it to me.

Here are the rules of the prize.

1  Thank the person who gave you this award.
2  Include a link to their blog.
3  Select bloggers / blogs that you've recently discovered and nominate them for this award.
4  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

A few of the blogs I have recently discovered are:

Mama Tea's blog at A Farmish Kind of Life - they've just moved into the first farm - what a delightful place it is with a stunningly beautiful big red barn :)

Teach & Englishman's blog Mad Dog and Englishman - they are neighbours of ours on the farm, who very kindly go out of their way to heck that all is OK at our place every time they visit theirs.

Jackie's blog The Slowvelder.  Jackie is a wonderful artist, who lives in the northern part of South Africa, near the Kruger National Park.  She has also just renovated a couple of cottages on her land in order to be able to offer accommodation to anyone who wants it.

Anna's blog Living Life in Rural Tennessee where she very energetically describes the (empty nest) homestead that she and her husband are building.  Who says life doesn't begin at 40 after the kids have left home!  :) 

Kate's blog Purple Pear Organics. Kate, and her partner, Mark are full time farmers and educators and her aim is to "Be the change you wish to see in the world" (Gandhi).

and, finally, Katie's blog  All Natural Katie where she is chronicling her path towards living more naturally.

Seven things about me:

1  I was born on an Air Force base in Tidworth, Hampshire, UK.
2  I spoke German before I spoke English.
3  I was named after a french actress whom my father fancied at the time.
4  Both my mother, fathers, four brothers, sister and my first name's all start with D.
5  I (British born) married someone of German decent - so much for wars.
6  I believe, and have proof, that change starts with one person at a time.  I know the course that RMan and I have adopted in the last 5 years has been willingly embraced by our children - but you'll have to wait until later this year to discover more about this fact...
7  Leo is my star sign :)

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Dani. Interesting info there to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. And thanks for nominating mine, despite it not being a very active one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teach - Thank you. And you're welcome. Every blog has to start somewhere - yours is still very new, but the local info (indigenous plants, etc.) you're providing is brilliant. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Dani! It has been great to learn more about you. I will be posting my response this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie - Thank you. My apologies for the late response - I didn't see your reply until now. Can't wait to find out more about you.

      Delete
  4. I'm slow but steady...I just saw where you commented about my little homestead in Tennessee. Thank you for the mention. I been doing some reading tonight on YOUR blog and I just love it. I'm going to have to keep going back farther and farther. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna - You're welcome - and, thank you :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.